Automation Engineering and Programming
A fundamental factor around ensuring the success of an automation project is having reliable, smart, scalable and maintainable software.
We are specialists in delivering all levels of systems programming including PLC, HMI, SCADA, web-based dashboard and IoT / PC-based software solutions.
Our team can design, program, simulate, test and implement engineered solutions into new and existing automated machinery and processes, matching technology to challenges in your organisation.
Following a practical approach to process automation, our team will work with you to implement unique techniques and intuitive operator interfaces that improve: production throughput, consistency and product quality, which in turn enhances end-user experience and reduces overall downtime and long term costs.
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC) software development.
- Human machine interfaces (HMI) software development.
- SCADA platform development and remote online hosting.
- Data collection and logging.
- VSD drives & motion control.
- Vision systems.
- Detection systems.
- Power conditioning.
- Site control systems audits.
Switchboard Design and Construction
Our highly skilled team take pleasure in designing, constructing and commissioning high quality power and control system switchboards in our fully equipped on-premise workshop facility.
IoTics are one of the few specialist companies that locally produce cost-effective tailored electrical control boards using the highest quality hardware and technology. We can build to order or provide a turnkey solution including design, construct, site install and integration.
All our switchboards comply with IEC and Australian Standards
- Technical evaluation and consultation of the design concept.
- Detailed power and control electrical wiring and construction drawings.
- Manufacture of power/control panels using pre-fabricated or modular industrial enclosures.
- Factory and site acceptance testing (FAT / SAT).
- Thermal imaging of switchboards.
- Switchboard installation.
When it comes to integrating technology in to existing machinery and processes a critical starting point is fully understanding the application.
Our approach is formed around drawing on and sharing with you a wealth of relatable insights and experiences that fully align with your application requirements ultimately providing the best possible returns.
With extensive experience across our team we work closely with you to develop a thorough, safe and cost-effective strategy in even the most complex of applications giving you peace of mind, understanding and certainty.
Our overall focus is to ensure that your integration investment returns a viable payback whether it be relevant to safety, efficiency gains, business continuity or increased production.
We regularly perform on-site assessments of industrial processes and machinery to determine viability, requirements and benefits of proposed integration works.
- Point-to-point integration including remote monitoring and control.
- Cloud and on-premise integration platforms.
- Process enhancements and upgrades.
- OEM equipment integration.
- Customised process management, enterprise integration & reporting.
- Warehouse management integration.
- Project management and system delivery.
24/7 Service and Support
In almost all cases of business, downtime can be extremely costly along with the unwanted impact to operations, production and machinery.
IoTics have a team of highly-skilled technicians on call 24 hours 7 days a week 365 days a year.
Backed by a fleet of fully equipped service vehicles, if you urgently need FAST and reliable technical support outside of business hours you can call our service support centre on (08) 7099 6500 any time, day or night.
Our team of Control System Support Technicians are trade-licensed and highly experienced across all production environments where every element of automation, instrumentation and electrical systems are concerned.
- 24/7 breakdown support resolution for critical services and processes.
- Ongoing routine maintenance & support.
- Corrective maintenance and improvement works.
- Industrial services and repairs
- Planned service agreements.
- Thermal Imaging.
- Shift coverage and backfill support.
Remote Monitoring and Control
In many cases, having the ability to remotely monitor and/or control plant equipment and processes offers extensive value including alerts, saving of time / money / resources and operational effectiveness offering convenient peace of mind and allowing you to make the best use of your time elsewhere.
Additionally, many organisations that depend on reliability of critical machinery gain great benefit by implementing secure connectivity platforms, enabling ultra-fast remote specialist support and diagnosis without the need to travel to site.
Our team specialise in the design, implementation and support of remote access solutions for all industrial applications including dashboards and apps.
We also offer a wide range of convenient monitoring and reporting services allowing for early-detection of problems, predictive analytics and rapid support.
Security and data protection is critical in any remotely connected application. As technology evolves, ensuring a reliable, robust, secure and safe platform requires constant continuity and expertise within the industry. for this reason, our systems are developed and managed in partnership with our highly specialised technology partner, Blackbird IT. This enables us to provide you with certainty and peace of mind.
- Secure Remote connectivity to stand-alone and inter-connected machines.
- Monitoring and data acquisition of remotely located assets.
- Secure remote connections to production networks for external support, alerting and monitoring services
- Automated alarming and escalation systems over local or 3G/4G networks
- Remote data analasys and reporting
- Customised cloud based dashboards, web portals and smart phone apps
- Machine-to-machine communication (m2m)
Control System Risk Assessments and Strategy
Like anything, all equipment breaks down from time-to-time and for most, downtime is costly presenting painful impact to operations and production.
In our experience, almost all plants operate with machinery of varying vintages and age. This variation is also reflected in the age of the control system technology and quite often the time taken to repair and restore plant operation in a breakdown situation is extensive, often because the organisation is not adequately prepared for recovery.
The primary causes of costly downtime include outdated or absence of control system program backups, unsupported hardware due to age, inadequate critical spares, and insufficient routine maintenance of equipment including electrical drawings, process diagrams and topologies.
IoTics can partner with you to minimise this risk strategical and cost-effective way by gaining a full understanding of your operational setup and assessing that against your critical equipment.
Our specialist consultation services are backed by presenting any identified concern areas related to the reliability of your automation systems, plant-wide.
In almost all cases, there are many opportunities to mitigate risk without doing much.
It is not about upgrading / replacing everything, rather adopting creative and strategical practices and formulating a staged reliability plan to give you certainty and protection against downtime.
- General Risk.
- Strategic Risk.
- Compliance Risk.
- Operational Risk.
- Financial Risk.
- Reputational Risk.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
Having a full insight with respect to how well a given process is performing adds tremendous value. In an industrial sense, these insights can be used to identify and reduce (or eliminate) costly inefficiencies with equipment and processes.
Our team get great personal reward in this space as the outcomes deliver extensive value in reducing wastage, increasing productivity and enhanced optimisation.
By measuring OEE and the underlying losses, you will gain important insights on how to systematically improve your manufacturing processes, reducing costs and, ultimately increasing profitability.
We have strong experience in this space and can work with your organisation to understand existing process requirements and support with determining the feasibility of implementing an OEE platform where extensive savings can be achieved.
- Process insights and analytics
- Downtime reporting, wastage, production throughput, operational efficiency.
- Production, inventory and operations management.
- Digitalisation of manual forms and data-entry.
- Performance management and dash boarding.
- Quality and compliance.
- On-premise and cloud based hosted solutions
Project Management and System Delivery
Our Project Management team is founded on experience from delivery of variable-scale programmes, coupled with robust and adaptive delivery frameworks. We provide clear consistent leadership with a constant eye on progress, quality, communication, safety and performance.
We work across a broad range of industry sectors and can provide support for your own programmes and projects during peaks and/or on fixed agreements. Our offerings harness resources with extensive industry experience to alleviate the challenges of setting up, expanding or running project environments.
- Management of turnkey projects.
- Principal supplier or consultant services.
- Execution of Projects.
- Risk and Stakeholder Management.
© 2020 IoTics Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved